The Highway Design teams within the Project Development Branch prepare the Plans, Specification, and Estimate (PS&E) packages within CFLHD. The following resources are for the use of our designers and consultants to develop those packages.
The following resources describe the design process within CFLHD:
- PDDM - the FLH Project Development and Design Manual (PDDM) provides current policies and guidance for the interdisciplinary project development and design related activities performed by Federal Lands Highway (FLH) Divisions and their Consultants.
- CFLHD Supplements - the CFLHD Supplements to the PDDM provide additional information detailing standard practices, guidance, and criteria that pertain to the development of projects within CFLHD.
Design and Plan Creation
- FLH Standard Drawings - FLH Standard Drawings cover various design elements that have been approved by the Federal Lands Highway Office for use on a nationwide basis.
- CFLHD Detail Drawings (FP-14 or FP-03) - Drawings used on a continuing basis within CFLHD to clarify the work required in the plans.
- CFLHD Template Drawings (FP-14 or FP-03) - Drawings used as a starting point in developing various project-specific plan sheets.
- State Standard Drawings - Listing of standard drawings from state DOT web sites.
- CFLHD Sample Plans - Sample project plan sheets illustrating the CFLHD format for plans.
- See the CADD Support page for more information.
- Standard Specifications (FP-14 or FP-03 ) - the Standard Specifications for Construction of Roads and Bridges on Federal Highway Projects (FP) is used for construction of roadway projects in CFLHD. This site also contains other specification resources.
- Engineer's Estimate - tools and guidelines for developing the Engineer's Estimate
- EEBACS - information about the web-based Engineer Estimating, Bidding, Award, Construction System (EEBACS) that FLH uses.
- CFLHD Engineer's Estimate Manual (FP-14 or FP-03) - A guide to the standard procedure for preparation, review, and updating of the Engineer's Estimate.
Some additional highway design resources are: